August 11, 2019
The weekend of August 16th (next weekend), the Morton Young Group is hosting an invite. Various Churches that have been invited to attend include: Tremont, Peoria, Washington, Roanoke, Gridley, Princeville/Bradford, Goodfield, Milford, Remington, Wolcott, & Silverton. Continue to be prayerful for a blessed weekend of worship and fellowship with our brothers and sisters.
1. August 22 – First Benefit Dinner Practice
Lord willing, we plan to have another Bible Class Benefit Dinner on November 9 and 10, 2019.
The first practice begins Thursday, August 22 at 7:30 p.m. and will be held at the Fellowship Hall. Practices are scheduled to last 1 ½ hours but the last four are planned to be 2 hours. It is helpful to have everyone there to enjoy and participate in as many practices as possible. In the event that you are unable to be there for the entire practice, please come for whatever time you can.
In the event that you are unable to be there for the entire practice, please come for whatever time you can.
3. August 25 – October 20 – Sunday Morning Bible Study
Morton Church is not having an all church Bible Study in the Fall of 2019. Everyone is welcome to join the 8:00 AM small group to study the topic of “Respectable Sins.”
Sample of topics include: The Disappearance of Sin; The Power of the Holy Spirit; Discontentment; Unthankfulness; Pride; Worldliness
A signup sheet is at the information counter if you would like to attend. Please sign up so a study book can be ordered for you.
4. September 18 – Kingdom Kids Begins
We look forward to another exciting year of Kingdom Kids, learning more about Jesus for ages 3 years old – Third Grade.
We will begin at 6:50 p.m. for early arrival activities and singing will start at 7:00 p.m. We will conclude at 8:10 p.m.
There is a sign-up sheet on the information center for any visitors that do not attend Morton Sunday School. All are welcome! We want this to be an outreach program that can be a blessing for many children. Thank you!
1. October 18 and 19 – Marriage Conference “Cultivating Connections” Hosted at Morton Church
ACCFS will be conducting a couple’s marriage conference at our Morton church and fellowship hall.
The ACCFS website has been updated to enable registrations for the Friday evening and Saturday event. “Limit of 100 couples”
ACCFS staff is coordinating plans with Bro’s. and Sis’s. John and Cheryl Knobloch and Bruce and Becky Sauder. Married couples of all ages are invited, further details will be forthcoming.
A Look Ahead
- September 11 – 14 Pumpkin Festival Outreach Booth
- September 20 – All Church Wiener Roast
- September 28 and 29 – Testimonies and Baptisms/Details to come
- October 6 – Family Hymn Sing
- October 12 and 13 – Testimonies and Baptisms/Details to come
- October 18 and 19 – Cultivating Connections Marriage Conference
- October 20 – Nominations for Church Offices
- October 31 – Fall Sunday School Party
- LOOK AHEAD TESTIMONIES AND BAPTISMS – November 16 & 17
Sat, August 10, 2019