1. Wednesday evening, August 29th, our services at the church will be a “ Sending Service “ for Bro. Scott Kieser, as he leaves to serve in the mission field at CVE in Magdelena, Mexico. Bro. Scott will be leaving for Magdelena on Friday, the 31st of August. Bro. Kirk Plattner, Outreach Manager for Harvest Call plans to be with us that evening, to assist in this service. This is a wonderful opportunity for all of us, as the Morton Church family, to support and pray for Bro. Scott as the Lord uses him in the lives of the children and families at CVE. We want to invite everyone to this service, and encourage parents and children to participate. As God calls some of His children to “ go into all the world “ , we want to come along side those that are sent, as well as their loved ones, and share our love and support for the work they are being called to.
3. September 9 and 16 – LifePoints Collection
1. Conference Call in Line
The new conference number has been installed. Conference call attendees will have to dial 857-0000 and it will prompt you for a conference ID number. Attendees will have to dial the conference ID, 00055#. The ID number is similar to the old one, but there is one more zero and the pound sign that needs to be added.
2. Small Group Bible Study Opportunity for the Fall – The Practice of Godliness
Bible study groups will be starting up in September.
The Sunday Morning Bible Study Group plans to start on Sunday, September 9th.
A Thursday night group will be held at Bro. Nathaniel and Sis. Tressa Leman’s house starting on Thursday, September 27th.
A group meeting at The Parkside may be forming as well.
A suggested donation of $12 for The Practice of Godliness book can be made to the Church General Fund.
Signup sheets are at the information center.
1. September 12-15 – Pumpkin Festival Outreach
Once again our Morton church is reaching out to show Christ’s love to the community through our booth in the Merchants tent at the Pumpkin Festival.
Free Bibles, Bible Story Books and other materials as well as prayer request forms will be offered.
There is sign-up sheet available at the information center to work at the booth.
There will be a short informational meeting after church on Sunday, September 9, in the Endeavor room for those who have signed up to work.
Contact, Jeff & Jane Kieser, Terry & Diana Rassi, Clayton & Trisha Monfre or Mark Wuthrich with any questions.
2. September 19 – Kingdom Kids
We look forward to another exciting year of Kingdom Kids, learning more about Jesus for ages 3 years old – Third Grade.
We will begin at 6:50 p.m. for early arrival activities and singing will start at 7:00 p.m. We will conclude at 8:10 p.m.
There is a sign-up sheet on the information center for any visitors that do not attend Morton Sunday School. All are welcome! We want this to be an outreach program that can be a blessing for many children. Thank you!
A Look Ahead
- August 19 – Bro Philip Huette to Sis Whittney Stickling (wedding in Peoria)
- August 25 – Midwest Food Bank Dinner and Auction – 4:30 p.m. @ Morton Warehouse
- September 7 at 7:00 p.m. & 9 at 3:00 p.m. – RUTH the MUSICAL – to benefit Midwest Food Bank East Africa Division
- September 12 – 15 Pumpkin Festival Outreach Booth
- September 21 – All Church Wiener Roast
- September 29 and 30 – Testimonies and Baptisms/Details to come
- October 7 – Family Hymn Sing
- October 14 – Nominations for Church Offices
- October 30 – Fall Sunday School Party