December 29, 2019
1. The Church office will be closed December 31 and January 1.
2. Annual Business Meeting By-Laws Vote Notice - The Trustees plan to hold a vote at our Annual Business Meeting January 22, 2020 to approve amended language of our Church By-Laws and Constitution. The proposed changes update our current church address, add email as an option for providing notices to the church and update the Articles for church membership to include Christians who have been baptized in a non-Apostolic Christian church. Further details are included as an attachment to the emailed announcements. A complete copy of the By-Laws and Constitution with yellow highlighting of the proposed changes is posted at the Information Center. We need good church support in order for these amendments to pass. Please plan to attend the Annual Business Meeting or if you are unable to attend, you can express your approval of the amendments by email to Bro Ted Sr prior to Jan 22 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you.
1. January 12 – Family Hymn Sing and Pizza Dinner
Pizza dinner will begin at 5:30 pm and singing will start at 6:30 pm. The Bible Class will be singing.
A donation box will be available for all who would like to contribute to the pizza dinner.
Sign-up sheets for the meal, helpers and people to bring cookies are located at the kitchen sign-up table. We look forward to a night of fellowship and song!
2. Updated College Students List
An updated College Students list is available at the information center. We encourage you to pick up the list of current college students and keep them in your prayers.
Please consider sending them a card or note of encouragement, or an email now and throughout the year. The handout includes all of their contact information along with where they are going to school and what they are majoring in. Let’s continue to pray for all of the students no matter what the grade and their teachers as well.
1. December 31 – New Year’s Eve service for Restmor starting at 2:00 p.m.
We would appreciate singers to support the Restmor service on that day.
New Year’s Eve services at church 7:00 p.m.
January 1 - NO Wednesday evening Services or Sunday School Activities
2. January 12 – Family Recognition Service
There will be a Family Recognition Service on January 12, in the afternoon.
This is a shortened church service intended to recognize the new babies that have been born into our church within the previous 2019 calendar year.
It will be an encouragement to the parents to raise these children in God fearing homes, and also a reminder to the church family to be involved in the lives of our younger generation in this effort.
3. January 19 – Christ's Messages to the 7 Churches in Revelation
The Morton Ministers will be teaching through Revelation chapters 1-3 during the afternoon church services from January 19th through March 8th of 2020.
As we study these scriptures together as a congregation, we will learn about the encouragements and warnings Christ gave to the churches and consider how this applies to our church and lives today.
4. February 29 – Stewarding Your Sexuality Purity Presentation
Saturday, February 29, from 8:45a-11:00a at the Morton Fellowship Hall.
The entire Morton congregation: male and female, young (13 and up) and old, married and single, members and friends are encouraged to attend a presentation by ACCFS on victorious living and sexual purity.
There will be one topic presented to all attendees together (by Matt Kaufmann) and then there will be separate presentations for men (by Arlan Miller) and women (by Katie Miller).
A sign-up sheet is at the information center; babysitting will be provided; If you have questions, contact Clint or Steph Heinold email@example.com or Ted Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org
A Look Ahead
- January 12 – Family Hymn Sing
- January 12 - Family Recognition Service
- January 22 – Annual Business Meeting
- February 9 – Nominate SS Teachers
- February 29 - "Stewarding Your Sexuality" Purity Conference
Sat, December 28, 2019