June 10, 2018
1. The Morton Church has acquired a piece of property thru a donation with the intent all proceeds be used to reduce the new building debt. This property is for sale and is being offered to the congregation before we list it publicly. For further details, please see the poster located in the library or under the "For Morton Church" tab on the website.
2. June 3 and 10 – Servant Fund Collection
3. Child Sponsorship Office Support Opportunity in Haiti
- The HarvestCall CS Committee is remodeling and expanding its current office facility in Cayes, Haiti. Construction was initiated in early 2018 and we hope to move into the new facility in early 2019. Total construction cost is estimated to be ~$365,000, and we are blessed to have 85% of the project needs covered at this time.
- There is still an opportunity to donate or cover the costs of a number of items, including doors/windows, sinks and toilets, projector and screen, picnic tables and filing cabinets. A detailed list will be posted on the Information Center for your review and consideration.
- Please consider this opportunity to help us reach the finish line to create a more effective office facility and environment in Haiti, so our child sponsorship ministry there can be all that God wants it to be. If you want to cover the cost of one or more of these items, make your check out to “HarvestCall Child Sponsorship – Haiti Office” and give it to your HarvestCall representative.
1. June 10 – 24 – Matthew Chapter 7/Sermon on the Mount/Afternoon Service
- We will be using Sunday afternoons June 10th, 17th, and 24th to teach from Matthew Chapter 7 on the message Jesus shared in the Sermon on the Mount.
- This past February, Bro. Ted Sr. taught through Matthew 5 and in April Bro Fred and Bro. Jeff taught through Chapter 6. Bro. Ted Jr will be teaching through Matthew 7.
- In the Sermon on the Mount we are learning more about what Jesus taught and expects from His followers. As our vision statement says in Evidence 3: We will see a congregation grounded in Biblical Truth with an understanding of and commitment to sanctified living.
- Everyone is encouraged to read this sermon (Matthew 5, 6, 7) that was taught by Jesus and to be prayerful as we study this together and put these teaching into practice for a closer walk with our Lord.
2. July 3 – All Church Potluck and Family Worship Service at Fellowship Hall Shelter
- 6:00 pm Potluck Supper * 7:15-7:45p.m. Worship Service * 9:15p.m. Fireworks
- Please bring a side dish and/or dessert to share and lawn chairs. Meat, drink and table service will be provided. A donation box will be available to help cover the cost of meat.
- Invite family and friends to an evening of food, fellowship, worship and fireworks!
- Will be inside if it rains.
- Please sign up at the information center.
1. June 11 – Red Cross Blood Drive – 1:00pm – 6:00pm at the Fellowship Hall
- appointment sheets to schedule your donation are at the information center and sign-up sheets to volunteer or donate food
- Contact Sis. Jane Kieser or Sis. Elaine Sollberger for questions
2. June 14 – July 26 – Women’s Bible Study at the Fellowship Hall 7:00pm – 8:30pm
- An All Church Women's Bible Study and discussion on the book, "Becoming a Woman Whose God is Enough" is being planned for this summer. High School and older, friends and family are welcome.
- The dates are June 14, 21, 28 and July 12, 26.
- Books and sign-up sheet are at the Information Center
- We plan to study chapters 1-5 this summer and the last 6 chapters in 2019.
- Please direct questions to Sis Joyce Kaiser or Sis Becky Sauder.
A Look Ahead
- June – 24 – Last Day of Sunday School and Sunday School Picnic
- July 18 – Hospital Lumiere Presentation @ FH 7:00pm
- August 15 – Gateway Woods Presentation @ FH 7:00pm
- August 19 – Bro Philip Huette to Sis Whittney Stickling (wedding in Peoria)
- September 29 and 30 – Testimonies and Baptisms/Details to come
Mon, June 11, 2018