On Saturday, July 21st, HarvestCall is having its Proclaim & Serve 2018 Missions Conference hosted by Tremont Apostolic Christian Church. This is a full day jam-packed with stirring content presented in a variety of formats and styles. The preconference workshops start at 9am-you must preregister for these online. The main conference starts at 1pm. Seating is limited for the breakouts and discussion groups and seats will be given out first-come, first-served to those that register online at www.proclaimandserve.org If you do not register in advance, you may not be able to attend your preferred sessions.
This is a great way to learn more about some of HarvestCall’s ministry programs as well as gaining a greater understanding of the biblical role of missions, the challenges and opportunities our church faces as we reach out, how we can be used by God in our own communities, and much, much more.
For more information, please see the posters in the library and at the information center, or go online at www.proclaimandserve.org
1. Special Collection for Morton Missionaries
- As mentioned in last week’s announcements, Sis Nicole Knobloch will be taking a sabbatical in the end of July.
- We are looking to Morton as the sending church to help support her in this.
- Checks should be made out to Morton Apostolic Christian Church, with Morton Missionary Support in the memo line.
2. July 8 and 15 – HarvestCall Collection
1. June 10 – 24 – Matthew Chapter 7/Sermon on the Mount/Afternoon Service
- In the Sermon on the Mount we are learning more about what Jesus taught and expects from His followers. As our vision statement says in Evidence 3: We will see a congregation grounded in Biblical Truth with an understanding of and commitment to sanctified living.
- Everyone is encouraged to read this sermon (Matthew 5, 6, 7) that was taught by Jesus and to be prayerful as we study this together and put these teaching into practice for a closer walk with our Lord.
2. July 3 – All Church Potluck and Family Worship Service at Fellowship Hall Shelter
- 6:00 p.m. Potluck Supper * 7:15-7:45p.m. Worship Service * 9:15p.m. Fireworks
- Please bring a side dish and/or dessert to share and lawn chairs. Meat, drink and table service will be provided. A donation box will be available to help cover the cost of meat.
- Invite family and friends to an evening of food, fellowship, worship and fireworks!
- Will be inside if it rains.
- Last day to sign up at the information center is Wednesday, June 27.
A Look Ahead
- July 17 – All Church Shower – Bro. Philip Huette and Sis. Whittney Stickling
- July 18 – Hospital Lumiere Presentation @ FH 7:00pm
- August 8 & 9 – Elder Conference – Gridley, IL
- August 10 – General Conference – Gridley, IL
- August 13 – Annual Sunday School Teachers Meeting
- August 15 – Gateway Woods Presentation @ FH 7:00pm
- August 19 – First Day of Sunday School
- August 19 – Bro Philip Huette to Sis Whittney Stickling (wedding in Peoria)
- September 29 and 30 – Testimonies and Baptisms/Details to come