June 3, 2018
1. June 3 and 10 – Servant Fund Collection
2. Child Sponsorship Office Support Opportunity in Haiti
- The HarvestCall CS Committee is remodeling and expanding its current office facility in Cayes, Haiti. Construction was initiated in early 2018 and we hope to move into the new facility in early 2019. Total construction cost is estimated to be ~$365,000, and we are blessed to have 85% of the project needs covered at this time.
- There is still an opportunity to donate or cover the costs of a number of items, including doors/windows, sinks and toilets, projector and screen, picnic tables and filing cabinets. A detailed list will be posted on the Information Center for your review and consideration.
- Please consider this opportunity to help us reach the finish line to create a more effective office facility and environment in Haiti, so our child sponsorship ministry there can be all that God wants it to be. If you want to cover the cost of one or more of these items, make your check out to “HarvestCall Child Sponsorship – Haiti Office” and give it to your HarvestCall representative.
July 3 – All Church Potluck and Family Worship Service at Fellowship Hall Shelter
- 6:00 pm Potluck Supper * 7:15-7:45 p.m. Worship Service * 9:15p.m. Fireworks
- Please bring a side dish and/or dessert to share and lawn chairs. Meat, drink and table service will be provided. A donation box will be available to help cover the cost of meat.
- Invite family and friends to an evening of food, fellowship, worship and fireworks!
- Will be inside if it rains
- Please sign up at the information center.
1. June 4 – 8 – Vacation Bible School Information
- VBS Visitor Signup
- Visitors are welcome and encouraged to participate in Vacation Bible School. Visitors from Preschool through 8th grade who will be attending are asked to please sign up at the information center for planning purposes by June 1st. If you don't get signed up - don't worry you are still welcome to attend. Questions? See Sis. Kim Zeller
- VBS Craft Helpers Needed
- Please sign up on the "Craft Helper Sign-Up Sheet" at the information center. Thank you for your willingness to serve.
- Adult Vacation Bible School – Theme: Jesus: I Am 7:00p.m .– 8:30p.m.
- Please be prayerful for the 2018 Vacation Bible School, the ministers, the singing groups and our Morton Church. The address and emails for the ministers that are speaking each night are on the information center. Please send them a note of encouragement and let them know you are praying for them.
2. June 11 – Red Cross Blood Drive – 1:00pm – 6:00pm at the Fellowship Hall
- appointment sheets to schedule your donation are at the information center and sign-up sheets to volunteer or donate food
- Contact Sis. Jane Kieser or Sis. Elaine Sollberger for questions
3. June 14 – July 26 – Women’s Bible Study at the Fellowship Hall 7:00pm – 8:30pm
- An All Church Women's Bible Study and discussion on the book, "Becoming a Woman Whose God is Enough" is being planned for this summer. High School and older, friends and family are welcome.
- The dates are June 14, 21, 28 and July 12, 26.
- Books and sign-up sheet are at the Information Center
- We plan to study chapters 1-5 this summer and the last 6 chapters in 2019.
- Please direct questions to Sis Joyce Kaiser or Sis Becky Sauder.
A Look Ahead
- June 24 – Last Day of Sunday School and Sunday School Picnic
- July 3 – Brief Service and Potluck @ FH/Details to Come
- July 18 – Hospital Lumiere Presentation @ FH 7:00pm
- August 15 – Gateway Woods Presentation @ FH 7:00pm
- August 19 – Bro Philip Huette to Sis Whittney Stickling (wedding in Peoria)
- September 29 and 30 – Testimonies and Baptisms/Details to come
Mon, June 4, 2018