1. Several years ago the Barnabas Group was created in our Morton congregation. The purpose of the group was to connect people who have special needs with those who have a desire to help. One of these groups is the “Visiting Team”. The mission of this team is to serve by visiting those who are widowed, live alone, recuperating from surgery or illness, or those who just want the fellowship. Many have been blessed by this ministry. If you would like to be a part of the visiting team, either by visiting someone on the list or having your name added to list to be visited, please contact Sister Jane Kieser at 266-2540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. June 3 and 10 – Servant Fund Collection
3. May 30 – Family Worship Night – Bro. John Rassi (Tremont) 7:00pm @ Fellowship Hall
- Topic is “Pursued by God” “The Need for a Saviour”
- No Family Worship June 6, it is VBS week.
1. May 20 – July 1 – Sunday Morning Small Group Bible Study will continue the ‘Sermon on the Mount’ Bible Study.
- Anyone is welcome to attend the small group.
- Each lesson is stand alone, so starting in the middle is fine and acceptable.
- The small group meets from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM Sunday morning in the Omega room.
- A copy of the lessons and dates that the group will cover will be on the information center.
2. May 25 – June 2 – AC HarvestCall Mission Work Project Prayer Request
- A work team will be traveling to Jamaica on behalf of our church’s HarvestCall mission efforts on the island.
- Bro. Ted Hirstein will be serving as the minister for this team, and our convert, Josh Pfanz, will also accompany Bro. Ted on this trip.
- The team consists of 30 brethren and friends from 12 of our church congregations across the land. They sincerely request your prayerful support as they serve the deaf in Jamaica with the love of Christ. Thank you for your prayers.
3. June 4 – 8 – Vacation Bible School Information
- VBS Visitor Signup
- Visitors are welcome and encouraged to participate in Vacation Bible School. Visitors from Preschool through 8th grade who will be attending are asked to please sign up at the information center for planning purposes by June 1st. If you don't get signed up - don't worry you are still welcome to attend. Questions? See Sis. Kim Zeller
- VBS Craft Helpers Needed
- Please sign up on the "Craft Helper Sign-Up Sheet" at the information center. Thank you for your willingness to serve.
- Adult Vacation Bible School – Theme: Jesus: I Am 7:00p.m .– 8:30p.m.
- Please be prayerful for the 2018 Vacation Bible School, the ministers, the singing groups and our Morton Church. The address and emails for the ministers that are speaking each night are on the information center. Please send them a note of encouragement and let them know you are praying for them.
3. June 11 – Red Cross Blood Drive – 1:00pm – 6:00pm at the Fellowship Hall
- appointment sheets to schedule your donation are at the information center and sign-up sheets to volunteer or donate food
- Contact Sis. Jane Kieser or Sis. Elaine Sollberger for questions
4. June 14 – July 26 – Women’s Bible Study at the Fellowship Hall 7:00pm – 8:30pm
- An All Church Women's Bible Study and discussion on the book, "Becoming a Woman Whose God is Enough" is being planned for this summer. High School and older, friends and family are welcome.
- The dates are June 14, 21, 28 and July 12, 26.
- Books and sign-up sheet are at the Information Center
- We plan to study chapters 1-5 this summer and the last 6 chapters in 2019.
- Please direct questions to Sis Joyce Kaiser or Sis Becky Sauder.
A Look Ahead
- June 3 – Wedding – Bro Nick Kaiser and Sis Sheryl Huber
- June – 24 – Last Day of Sunday School and Sunday School Picnic
- July 3 – Brief Service and Potluck @ FH/Details to come
- July 18 – Hospital Lumiere Presentation @ FH 7:00pm
- August 15 – Gateway Woods Presentation @ FH 7:00pm
- September 29 and 30 – Testimonies and Baptisms/Details to come