September 2, 2018
1. We previously announced the Morton Church had acquired a piece of property thru a donation with the intent all proceeds be used to reduce the new building debt. The property has an appraised value of $140,000 and is being offered to the Morton congregation before going public. We have received some interest in the property and we are requesting that all offers be made prior to September 15. Please contact Bros. Brent Braker or Mike Zimmerman if you have any questions about the property.
3. September 9 and 16 – LifePoints Collection
1. September 4 – HarvestCall Projects – 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the Fellowship Hall.
Everyone is welcome to come. Plan to come and go as you wish. We would appreciate any amount of time you are willing to give.
Please bring your own lunch if you plan to stay through lunch.
If you have any questions contact Sis. Jayne Sauder or Sis Pam Heinold.
1. Conference Call in Line
The new conference number has been installed. Conference call attendees will have to dial 857-0000 and it will prompt you for a conference ID number. Attendees will have to dial the conference ID, 00055#. The ID number is similar to the old one, but there is one more zero and the pound sign that needs to be added.
2. Small Group Bible Study Opportunity for the Fall – The Practice of Godliness
Bible study groups will be starting up in September.
The Sunday Morning Bible Study Group plans to start on Sunday, September 9th
A Thursday night group will be held at Bro. Nathaniel and Sis. Tressa Leman’s house starting on Thursday, September 27th
A group meeting at The Parkside may be forming as well.
A suggested donation of $12 for The Practice of Godliness book can be made to the
Church General Fund.
3. September 12-15 – Pumpkin Festival Outreach
Once again our Morton church is reaching out to show Christ’s love to the community through our booth in the Merchants tent at the Pumpkin Festival.
Free Bibles, Bible Story Books and other materials as well as prayer request forms will be offered.
There is sign-up sheet available at the information center to work at the booth.
There will be a short informational meeting after church on Sunday, September 9, in the Endeavor room for those who have signed up to work.
Contact, Jeff & Jane Kieser, Terry & Diana Rassi, Clayton & Trisha Monfre or Mark Wuthrich with any questions.
4. September 19 – Kingdom Kids
We look forward to another exciting year of Kingdom Kids, learning more about Jesus for ages 3 years old – Third Grade.
We will begin at 6:50 p.m. for early arrival activities and singing will start at 7:00 p.m. We will conclude at 8:10 p.m.
There is a sign-up sheet on the information center for any visitors that do not attend Morton Sunday School. All are welcome! We want this to be an outreach program that can be a blessing for many children. Thank you!
A Look Ahead
- September 7 at 7:00 p.m. & 9 at 3:00 p.m. – RUTH the MUSICAL – to benefit Midwest Food Bank East Africa Division
- September 12 – 15 Pumpkin Festival Outreach Booth
- September 21 – All Church Wiener Roast
- September 29 and 30 – Testimonies and Baptisms/Coreena and Julia Witzig
- October 6 – All Church Shower: Macy Grimm and Ricky Connors
- October 7 – Family Hymn Sing
- October 8 – Red Cross Blood Drive
- October 14 – Nominations for Church Offices
- October 30 – Fall Sunday School Party
Tue, September 4, 2018